Gloucestershire Libraries "Ask Us Reference and Enquiry Service"
Gloucestershire Libraries’ new service to help customers find information.
- Available to anyone who lives works or studies in Gloucestershire or lives in an adjacent county
- With a particular focus on assisting those who do not have access to the internet or do not wish to use technology.
We can look up a telephone number, postal address or find local community information such as social groups and societies in the enquirers local area, and provide them with the answer via their preferred means either phone, email, letter and we also receive referrals through all of our branch libraries.
We are able to locate online forms and print and post them out which is a very valuable service to our customers, particularly when a lot of information can still only be found online. We are also in contact with Adult Education, Gloucestershire Employment and Skills Hub, Gloucestershire Trading Standards and many others and are able to provide information and signposting regarding these services.
We aim to provide a free, fast, information service, our aim is to respond to an enquiry within three to five working days but frequently we can provide the information a customer needs immediately or same-day. From quick questions to in-depth research, customers can ask any question and we can either answer the enquiry, help them get started with research or refer them to the most relevant agency or person to help with the query.
Our top 10 enquiries include but are not limited to:
- Consumer advice from Which? (Gloucestershire Libraries subscribes to Which?)
- Phone Numbers & Addresses for any business/authority in the UK and abroad, we also help provide contact details from BT
- Local information including groups, societies, education, local business details, information about Volunteering in Gloucestershire
- Library Services Information including information about library groups and events, Innovation Labs, Opening Times etc
- Company reports and targeted mailing lists for your marketing needs via our database Fame ideal for start-up businesses wanting to investigate the local market and spread the word about their business
- Government Information & Legislation including contact details for MPâ€™s and parliamentary groups, specific Government Acts and policies, forms for Government services
- Business Information: how to start a business, signposting to Gloucestershire Growth Hub and Start and Grow Enterprise
- Local and Family History help with tracing a relative, assistance with family tree searches, local history questions
- Virtual Reference Library including assistance with using the VRL resources
- The Arts including local and national museums and events, artists
For More information, please scan the QR Code, or go to Gloucestershire County Council's "Ask Us" website